Goorillas are little monkeys made of goo. They stretch, get stuck to things and sometimes they splat!

Friday, January 9, 2015

Let the Goorillas #DevTrek begin!

Happy New Year! I had a great Christmas break with my family and friends. Now I'm off on what I'm calling a DevTrek (Dev short for development and trek for a long journey).

I have a bit of time to spare between contracts so I plan to fill it doing things I enjoy like traveling somewhere new and doing something creative. These interests combine pretty well as I often find I'm a bit bored in the evenings when I travel, so developing a game makes good use of that time. I'll carry my laptop with me and do and hour here and there during the day most days also. I hope to be fairly productive and really enjoy the trek. There are also fewer distractions when you travel, so it is easier to focus on the task at hand.



Before starting to develop this idea I bounced a few ideas around and asked people what they thought and "Goorillas are monkeys made of goo" got the best response. Over the break I've done a litmus test by getting a simple test animation in front of several potential players and received positive feedback and a few useful suggestions which I can think about before I really get going.

Also in my run up to this DevTrek, during my spare time, I've done a few art courses online, experimented with the technology, and done some research into trying to understand the craft of making a game.

Hopefully I'll create something that is fun and different, a bit zany.

Thanks for reading my blog, any comments or suggestions about the game are welcome via Facebook @Goorillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment