Goorillas are little monkeys made of goo. They stretch, get stuck to things and sometimes they splat!

Thursday, January 22, 2015

DevTrek Week 2 - Goobert, Input and Movement

This week I've done the first draft of Goobert's stretching movement. Goobert is the oldest and largest of the Goorillas. He can stretch the furthest but sometimes he gets stuck to things when he tries to squeeze his way through. So in this game he can stretch over more than one space to make a group of matching Gooberts.


I've used Unity's Mecanim for the animation and I've used the smooth step formula to ease the movement of the sprites, which now move when you swipe them.

Here's a video I made on my Android phone to show the movement and animation.




I'm trying to get regular feedback during this game development process. Luckily you meet people as you travel and, if someone seems interested in what I'm doing, I try to get their opinion of the development to date.

I've had a suggestion this week that there could be more variation in what you can match, so not just fruit and vegetables, which sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment