Goorillas are little monkeys made of goo. They stretch, get stuck to things and sometimes they splat!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

DevTrek Week 6 - Game Feedback and Animation

I've mainly been working on the animations this week, this is what the end of level animation looks like.



The Goorilla family holding hands ready to move on to the next step of their journey was a suggestion from Rich after reading this blog, so thanks for that. Goobriella has had a few tweeks also as a result of feedback, so I'm glad I've done this blog. All of the Goorillas are on to their third iteration and hopefully that is enough for the first release of the game.

I have met several nice people on this trek who have taken an interest in what I'm doing and given constructive criticism. For example yesterday I was in a restaurant waiting for my dinner so I thought I'd do a bit of animation to fill the time. The waiters were chuckling as they were standing behind me whilst I was working. I explained I was on this DevTrek and they took a look at the animations I was working on. They mostly liked my animations and laughed a few times, which was really uplifting for me because this is my first go at it. They didn't really like the splat animation though, so that is good to know. I'll have another go at that tomorrow.



Next week is almost the end of this DevTrek. I've got a few more places to see and plenty of development to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment